TGIF friends! I've decided to try and start something new this week. As you can see above
Friday is now 'Feature Friday'!
What does that mean? I am going to feature a book I LOVE with you each week in hopes that you will ruuuunnnn and get it!
**My promise to you- these books are chosen by ME. I have NOT been asked by any authors to share these books with you. Feature Fridays will totally be my picks for something I love to read!
TITLE- AngelFall (Penryn and the End of Days #1)
AUTHOR - Susan Ee
GENRE- Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Apocalyptic
TO BUY -
Ebook- Kindle Only - $ 3.47
Paperback - $3.65!! (I just ordered me one!)
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.
Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.
Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.
Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.
I have to admit I read this book before I was writing reviews so I don't have this great in depth review to sell you on Angelfall. Check out all of the praise from other Goodreads readers though for a LOT of praise.
What I can tell you is this book ROCKS! I read this over a year ago but here are some of the things I remembering loving:
- Strong female lead. Penryn is probably fiercer than half the guys I know ;) She is tough as nails and is a heroine you can totally get behind.
- Plot. Susan Ee weaves a tale of post apocalyptic hell on earth that is gritty and terrifying. The story is gripping and full of amazing events that keeps you reading.
- Different! This is what sold me as I read. I started out thinking this was going to be a pretty little YA love story wrapped up with a little bit of end of world drama. NOT! This is like nothing I had ever read. The warrior angels, street gangs, zombie-like people, mentally ill character...this is a crazy crazy ride.
- Romance that is not. Huh? The relationship between Penryn and Raffe is complicated for sure.
- The Cover!! I just love this cover. The gold smeared over the wings and the simplicity of it all.
Angelfall is not for the weak. It is graphic! There are some disturbing scenes but they are well written and are a huge reason this story is so compelling. Because of this I would caution anyone under 14 reading. One editorial reviewer put the age at 12 and I'm not sure I agree.
This is an amazing book and I would definitely recommend you snatching it up. If you've read it let me know what you thought! If you decide to try it keep me up to date...